Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Bear is Back! 3-11-07 11:15 AM Update

Dave & Jen just called. They usually have a "roundtable" where everyone is involved in saying what will be posted. Dave & Jen were very excited by today's progress and took executive control and called me with this morning's update.

The breathing tube is out and he is breathing COMPLETELY on his OWN. Awesome news.

Dave said he is still very groggy but is definitely responding to family & friends.

He has spoken a few words but due to all the tubes that have been in his throat he is very sore.

Dave said he's looking like a different guy as his face continues to heal and the tubes are out. Dave & Jen said he is looking excellent and he has taken huge steps forward.

Dave spoke with the Kidney Doc and they will start intermittent dialysis today or tomorrow.

Paul still has a long recovery but we are so enjoying every piece of good news that comes out of San Diego. Keep those prayers and positive thoughts coming.

Thanks everyone.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ITS WONDERFUL TO HEAR THIS NEWS! LIT CANDLES MUST OF HELPED! GIVE MY LOVE TO EVERYBODY!

FRANK

Anonymous said...

HIS NICKNAME IS "THE FALCON" NOT THE BEAR, ALTHOUGH HE DOES GROWL ALOT...DO YOU THINK??? LOVE YOU GUYS...FRANK

Anonymous said...

I need to know when Paul utters his first F___ phrase and then I can stop worrying. Let Kathi know that I am taking care of all of Paul’s personal issues at work. No Worries.
If she needs me to do anything, do not hesitate to call. I don’t want to bug anyone, so I’m just going to wait by the phone or she can email me at Nan@rooftruss.us. We all miss him and can’t wait until he is back. It’s just not the same arguing with Doug or Dave as it is Paul. Let me know if anyone needs reservations or transportation. I’d send a big hug to Paul, but then he might think something was really wrong with him, so I’ll just send it to all of his friends and family.

Love, No No

Anonymous said...

Thank You for your updates. They are appreciated. They say you do not get any pearls without irritation, so we cannot wait till we hear the "pearls" of wisdom from this little adventure of his.
Our continued prayers are with him.
The Bobby Morris Family

Anonymous said...

We are very glad to hear the great news as the healing progress continues. Breathing on his own is major! Next the kidneys, and then some real food.

Especially for Paul: The tournament committee of the Boy's away trip will authorize an additional 3 shots for your handicap, unless of course all casts are removed in which case only two shots will be allowed.

Take care, Paul, and our best for a speedy recovery!

Fred and Dorothy

Anonymous said...

Our continued prayers,thoughts and well wishes go out to all of you.
The Cederberg Family

Anonymous said...

Paul, so sorry to hear the news but happy to know you're going to be OK in time. I'm ridin' right along side while you re-cupe so expect stuff from me on your notebook when you are able. All The Best Bud, Barry

Anonymous said...

I was talking to my Dad this morning and he was telling me the girls were taking turns going into the room massaging Paul cuz he was cramping from laying this whole time....now we know he is getting better...he is smart enough to know how to get a few free massages out of the deal! LOL! Way to go Paul!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear of Paul's accident. I appreciate the updates and am sure Paul's many friends do as well. I wish all a speedy recovery. Hang in there Paul, lots of thoughts go out to you. When you get home I'm buying dinner! Mike